Liberal Member for Goulburn Wendy Tuckerman has welcomed news a re-elected NSW Liberal-Nationals Government will commit a further $90 million to the Stronger Country Communities Fund.
In the past five years, the Stronger Country Communities Fund has delivered more than 2,500 grassroots projects benefitting every regional Local Government Area in the state. This boost will allow the Fund to continue building the projects that make regional NSW and the Goulburn region the best place to live, work, and raise a family.
Mrs Tuckerman said the committed funding was fantastic news for the community, which has seen major community projects funded under previous rounds.
“A NSW Liberal National Government has funded and delivered stellar under the five previous rounds of this program, including:
- Riverside Park Equipment and new amenities in Goulburn
- CTC@Robertson Building Refurbishment and Robertson Men’s and Women’s Shed
- Bundanoon Public School and Community Sports Court
- Gundaroo Park Playground Shade
- Murrumbateman Recreation Precinct Tennis Courts Lighting Upgrade
- Crookwell Tennis Court Surface Repair
- Resurfacing of Goulburn’s Netball Courts and Lighting Upgrade
- Gunning Inclusive Play space
- Yass Lawn Tennis Club Courts
- Sutton Community Oval Grounds Upgrade
- A new bus for Crescent School Goulburn
- Highview Mx Track at Goulburn Moto Park
- Lighting and drainage for Marulan Soccer Field
- Upgrade of Penrose Tennis Court
- Lighting upgrade for Joe O’Connor Park in Yass
- Yass Valley Community Centre Upgrade
- Victoria Park Skate Park Extension in Yass
- Murrumbateman Recreation Ground, Amenities, Sports Storage Shed and Irrigation.
“A re-elected NSW Liberal-Nationals Government will deliver another round of the fund and build even more projects to benefit our communities across the Goulburn electorate.”
Deputy Premier and Minister for Regional NSW Paul Toole said the further $90 million commitment would take the total investment in the fund to three quarters of a billion dollars.
“Everywhere I go, people tell me about the big difference these Stronger Country Communities projects make to everyday life – whether it’s a new playground that kids love, a new community hall, upgrades to the main street or programs that make living in the regions even better,” Mr Toole said.
“We aren’t just building playgrounds and sporting ovals; we’re building communities to be proud of.
“It’s the little things that make a big difference to the way we all work, live, play and do business, and the Government is delivering the projects that make a difference to everyday life right across regional NSW.
The Stronger Country Communities Fund is part of the $3.3 billion Regional Growth Fund, designed to support growing regional centres, activate local economies, and improve services and community infrastructure in the regions.
For more information, visit: nsw.gov.au/sccf.