Just three months after applications for the Regional Seniors Travel Card opened, the popular initiative has had more than 300,000 applications across regional NSW.

Member for Goulburn Wendy Tuckerman said it was fantastic to see the keen response to year two of the trial of the $250 prepaid Visa card, which benefited more than 337,500 seniors and their communities in 2020.

“The Regional Seniors Travel Card was a commitment we made before the 2019 NSW election, and I’m proud to say it’s one we have delivered for the people of regional NSW,” Mrs Tuckerman said.

“The card has been an overwhelming success, last year easing the burden of many local seniors. Already in year two of the trial there have been 3,206 applications from Goulburn Mulwaree, 4,878 in Wingecarribee, 631 in the Upper Lachlan Shire, 2,078 across Hilltops and 980 from Yass Valley received.

“This card is great news for regional seniors and another way we are injecting money into the bush with the benefit flowing for fuel stations, taxi drivers and local economies.”

Minister for Regional Transport and Roads Paul Toole said it was exciting to see such high interest in the second year of the trial, which puts $250 into the pockets of eligible seniors to spend on pre-booked NSW TrainLink, regional train and coach services, fuel, and taxis.

“We know how much seniors value this card – it can mean the difference between an extra few trips to visit grandkids, the ease of seeing friends locally or just getting to the shops or attending medical appointments.

“The card injected more than $60 million into regional economies in the first year of the trial, putting money in local cash registers at a time when it was needed the most.

Eligible seniors have until 30 November 2021 to apply. Seniors must be an age pensioner with a valid Pensioner Concession Card or hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card issued by either the Department of Human Services or Department of Veterans’ Affairs.

Applications for the card can be made online at, by calling 13 77 88 or by visiting a Service NSW Service Centre.