Member for Goulburn Pru Goward today announced Goulburn will receive $12,117,029 in vital road safety upgrades as part of the latest round of the Government’s Saving Lives on Country Roads and Liveable and Safe Urban Communities initiatives.
As part of the $182 million record investment, $12,117,029 will be delivered through 16 projects in Goulburn to help save lives. These projects will include:
- Burley Griffin Way, (Goondah and Binalong), Yass Valley
- Goulburn Road, Crookwell, Upper Lachlan
- Crookwell Road to Abercombie River Safety Improvements, Upper Lachlan
- The Federal Highway (Wollogorang), Goulburn Mulwaree
- Mountain Ash Road Safety Upgrade, Goulburn Mulwaree
- Boorowa Road, Upper Lachlan
- Hume Highway (Bowning, Bookham, Berrima, Marulan and Yarra), Yass Valley, Wingecarribee, Goulburn Mulwaree
- Sandy Point Road , Goulburn Mulwaree
- Illawarra Highway, Wingecarribee
- Lachlan Valley Way (Walls Junction) Yass Valley
- Lachlan Valley Way (Boorowa To Yass) Yass Valley
Liberal Candidate for Goulburn, Wendy Tuckerman, welcomed the funding across the electorate.
“Road safety and regional road improvements are one of my top priorities, and I’m glad to see that strong financial management from the Liberal & National Government delivering $12,117,029 across the Goulburn electorate to make our roads safer.
“The NSW government are investing $1.9 billion over five years to deliver the Road Safety Plan 2021 with $640 million allocated for the Saving Lives on Country Roads program,” Ms Tuckerman said